July 17th, 2016
On the day of Pentecost, some made fun of the disciples. Peter answered, quoting Joel, “In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people” (Acts 2:17; Joel 2:28). Unbelievers who follow their own desires often scoff at Christian purity. The response of God’s people in these last days is to be filled with the Spirit.
End time survival requires God’s people to recognize the difference between following our own desires and following the Spirit. Jude gives us a plan to build our faith on:
- Be aware of who the enemy is. Those who divide believers “do not have the Spirit” (Jude 1:19)
- Do those things which build your faith, such as praying under the Spirit’s direction (Jude 1:20).
- Maintain yourself in God’s love and mercy while keeping focused on eternal life (Jude 1:21).
- Be merciful, seeking to save those who struggle with doubt (Jude 1:22-23).
- Have confidence in the One who is able to present us faultless before the Father (Jude 1:24-25).
The Pentecost scoffers were not the final word. Three thousand were added to the Church, and continue to be.
Author: Blair Rorabaugh
Tags: Holy Spirit